~ Clearwater River Fishing Report ~
The Spring Chinook Season is underway. Springers are surging their way up the Columbia, Snake and Clearwater Rivers. We have a great staff of professional full time guides ready to put you on the fish. Anyone interested in booking a guided trip on the Clearwater River Idaho for can email us or give us a call at:
Report Date: 5/3/2016
Hope your spring is off to a great start. If you have a little bit cabin fever and you're looking for something fun to go do - Let's Go Fishing!
What's in the creel for this season? Lots of Fish!!!!
Spring Chinook –
Over the past few weeks we have been gearing up for the Clearwater River Spring Chinook season. The fish are a little late this year, but we have seen the fish counts over Bonneville explode over the past few days. The Clearwater flows have dropped and things are shaping up for some epic action on the Clearwater.
According to Idaho Fish and Game, sport fishermen will be allotted over 7,000 salmon this season. That's the third highest quota in the history of the Clearwater. This means we should have a longer season and good catch rates.
We anticipate fishing to be red hot in about another week. If you have fished for Springers before, you know that it is a short and intense season. You will not want to wait to book your trip. Email or call today to setup your trip;firstname.lastname@example.org 1-866-846-4240
If you're in search of a monster that will challenge your will-power and strength, Sturgeon fishing is for you! Prime time sturgeon fishing is underway on the Snake river outside of Clarkston, Washington. Focusing our time in the lower portion of Hells Canyon from mid-April to mid-June when the water temperatures begin to warm typically means hooking in to multiple 7-to-10 foot sturgeon a day. If you have always thought about catching one of the largest freshwater fish in the world, now is the time to do it! These trips are some our client's favorites, the Hells Canyon Scenery is second to none, low fishing pressure, and lots of BIG fish make this one of the best trips you can go on!
Clearwater River Company still has some opening to get you out on the water in the months to come. All fishing will be done from a BRAND NEW 25' power boat built locally in Clarkston,WA specifically for the Clearwater and Snake rivers. This custom boat was designed by us and is completely one of a kind! Email or call today to setup your trip; email@example.com 1-866-846-4240
Clearwater River Company LLC
We would like to introduce everyone to Clearwater River Company's new boat "Freedom." Thank you to Willie Boats for helping us realize our dream of building an ADA compliant wheelchair accessible boat. This boat is dedicated to our service members of America and anglers who have mobility limitations. Please join us in celebrating this new addition to the company.
Please help us get the word out about this new boat! Please share and invite your friends to "Like" our page. We are very excited about getting anglers back out on the water!
If you are interested in other fishing adventures, check out our West Coast Anglers Website!
Register to win a
for 2014/2015 Season
Looking for reports for other rivers? Check out findfish.com
Ensure that all wild fish are released immediately unharmed. Check out our fish handling and processing tips.
~ Clearwater River Fishing Links ~
Red Shed in Peck is the place to go for anything related to Spey / Fly fishing.
Camp-Cabin-Home in Lewiston will fill the needs for any gear fishermen. Camp-Cabin-Home has opened a new store in Orofino!!!!!!!! The new store is located right off Highway 12.
The entire river is barbless hooks only!!!!
Clearwater River Flows
Orofino 10-day Weather Report
Pacific Northwest Radar
Fahrenheit to Celsius Converter
Enter a number in either field, then click outside the text box.
Report Snaggers to IDFG
~ Steelhead Regulations ~ Steelhead Home Page ~
~ Steelhead Harvest Report ~ Steelhead Dam Count ~
~ 7-day Dam Count ~
A quick note on the harvest report... A lot of this data is interpolated. Only a couple of anglers are actually checked and the rest are just counted from the road. The numbers are also based on previous year counts.
Buy your Fishing License and Steelhead Tag Online
Idaho Fish and Game
Nez Perce Tribe
Dworshak Fish Hatchery
Suggested Clothing List | Clearwater Access Points
Lodging is available through reputable local area motels. We like and recommend Clearwater Crossing RV Park, Orofino, ID, Lewis-Clark Resort, Kamiah, ID, The Lodge at River's Edge & Helgeson Place Hotel, Orofino, ID and Idaho Sportsman Lodge, Sites, ID.
Check out these
Featured Alaskan Destinations
RIVER ETIQUETTE: This is a big SMALL river. When someone does something rude, word travels fast. Some of the stuff that has been going on is just plain common sense. If someone "CORKS" you, take the higher road, say something POLITELY to let them know what they did wasn't cool and continue on with your day. If it is a guide boat, take a picture or write down the boat description, get the outfitter initials off the boat, ask them for their name, and try to get the sticker number. Call the Idaho Outfitters Guides and Licensing Board and report them. If it is a private boat get their boat description and registration number, and spread the word. They will black-list them selves very quickly.
We are all out here to have fun and catch fish, but not at the expense of other people.
1) Don't Low Hole - If you want to fish a run, either go 150 yards down stream and start or wait for the boat in the run to work their way down.
2) When in Rome do as the Romans - If someone is in a run that you want to fish and they are side-drifting, then side-drift with them - Don't CORK them by starting to back-down plugs. If you want to fish it that bad WAIT for them to move on.
3) Boat anglers should give Bank anglers (fly fishermen included) their space. But at the same time, Bank anglers don't need to try to lob their gear into a boat to make their point.
4) Do not anchor in the middle of the runs and stay there all day. We all have a right to fish through runs, both guides and private boaters. If you anchor up and are blocking the run, you will only cause tension out on the river. If you want to anchor and eat lunch that is one thing, but staying in the same place all day on anchor while tying up the run is another. A great example of this is at 5-mile, there have been a couple boats that get out there at dark-o-thirty, anchor right in the middle of the run and then wonder why they are catching crap from other boats and not catching many fish. The only exception to this rule is the pipeline outside the hatchery, and if your idea of Steelhead fishing is to sit in town all day at the "pipe" by all means anchor away, you are missing the big picture of coming to the Clearwater.
5) Give each other some room. Make an effort to see where bank anglers and boat anglers are fishing and try to avoid running over their water.
Here is a link to Poppy's Etiquette page, http://www.redshedflyshop.com/ETHICS.html
Looking for old reports???? Click Here.
If anyone has suggestions of things they want listed here please email firstname.lastname@example.org